How you can help us create "Holiday Magic"
Fundraising events can be held during the year for Holiday for Giving donations. We will be happy to store items collected from your event. Monetary donations are accepted all year long and can be sent to Holiday for Giving, P.O. Box 1612, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- Make a monetary donation
- Donate a new toy for children 1-7 years old, boy or girl
- Donate non-perishable food items
- Donate personal hygiene items
- Donate Gift Cards (increments of $20 or less per card) from: East Center Market, Holiday Cinema (Wlfd), Kohl's, Marshall's, Shop Rite, Stop & Shop or Wal-Mart
To get the most for our money and to help meet the needs of our families, we would greatly appreciate monetary donations by November 15th. Doing so will help us plan our budget more effectively, allowing us to get the most for our money by purchasing sale items; ultimately helping us meet the needs of our families facing hardships.
Volunteers are needed to assist in a number of ways to keep this program running. We are looking for individuals and/or groups to assist in distributing collection boxes to local businesses. For more information on how you can help please email us at HolidayforGiving@yahoo.com
Is your company, organization, club, or friends looking to make a difference this holiday season?
You can organize a food drive, toy drive, dress-down day, collect baby supplies, take up a collection of toothbrushes, toothpaste and/or deodorants.
What do we do with your donations?
All donations are given directly back to those in need in the Wallingford Community.
With your donations we provide on average:
- Over 350 Wallingford families with a box of food and a gift certificate to a local grocery store
- Over 350 children (ages 1-7) with 3 new toys and a book to read
- Over 200 teenagers (ages 8-12) with movie passes
- Over 20 newborn babies with a handmade blanket, a box of supplies and a new toy
- Personal hygiene packets (including toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shamp/cond, soap) to each of our 350+ families
Monetary donations can be sent to Holiday for Giving, P.O. Box 1612, Wallingford, CT 06492.
Donations of food, new toys and personal hygiene items are appreciated and can be dropped off at the Holiday for Giving location, 6 Fairfield Blvd. (Youth & Social Services/Wlfd Parks & Rec Dept.) during our open hours. For more on location and hours please see our "About Us" page.
Holiday for Giving Website sponsored by: