How you can help us create "Holiday Magic"
Volunteers needed: We are looking for volunteers to assist on our Giving Tree sub-committee. This entails assisting with organizing, preparing, contacting, delivering and follow-through with our toy/food/hygiene boxes to area businesses. This requires availability during the day during the month's of September, October, November and the first two week's of December. With a meeting on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. For more information please contact YSS at 203-294-2175 and leave a message for Linda. Thank You.
Fundraising events can be held during the year for Holiday for Giving donations. We will be happy to store items collected from your event. Monetary donations are accepted all year long and can be sent to Holiday for Giving, P.O. Box 1612, Wallingford, CT 06492.
- Make a monetary donation
- Donate a new toy for children 1-7 years old, boy or girl
- Donate non-perishable food items
- Donate personal hygiene items
- Donate Gift Cards (increments of $20 or less per card) from: East Center or West Center Markets, Holiday Cinema (Wlfd), Kohl's,Marshall's, Shop Rite, Stop & Shop or Wal-Mart
To get the most for our money and to help meet the needs of our families, we would greatly appreciate monetary donations by November 23rd. Doing so will help us plan our budget more effectively, allowing us to get the most for our money by purchasing sale items; ultimately helping us meet the needs of our families facing hardships.
Of course, we will gladly accept donations through December 10th.
Is your company, organization, club, or friends looking to make a difference this holiday season?
You can organize a food drive, toy drive, dress-down day, collect baby supplies, take up a collection of toothbrushes, toothpaste and/or deodorants.
What do we do with your donations?
All donations are given directly back to those in need in the Wallingford Community.
In December 2011 we provided:
- Over 410 Wallingford families with a box and 1 bag of assorted food and a gift certificate to a local grocery store
- Over 305 children (ages 1-7) with 3 new toys and a book to read
- Over 200 teenagers (ages 8-12) with movie passes
- Over 25 newborn babies with a handmade blanket, a box of supplies and a new toy
- Personal hygiene packets (including toothbrush, toothpaste, deodorant, shamp/cond, soap) to each of our 410 families
Monetary donations can be sent to Holiday for Giving, P.O. Box 1612, Wallingford, CT 06492.
Donations of food, new toys and personal hygiene items are appreciated and can be dropped off at theHoliday for Giving location, 6 Fairfield Blvd. (Youth & Social Services/Wlfd Parks & Rec Dept.) from December 3rd through December 12th. For more on location and hours please see our "About Us" page.
Holiday for Giving Website sponsored by:
Adamo's Garage and Sheldon-Hutchinson Insurance, Inc.